[Wactclc-alma] User Groups: Admin, FacultyF, and FacultyP

Traci Taylor ttaylor at btc.edu
Fri Feb 4 11:04:34 PST 2022

Thank you, Kirsti.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> On Behalf Of Thomas, Kirsti
Sent: Friday, February 4, 2022 11:02 AM
To: WACTCLC Alma Discussion <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: [Wactclc-alma] User Groups: Admin, FacultyF, and FacultyP

Traci,

ctcLink still has the same employee categories that SMS had.  You can find that list here:
https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/72437/l/546558-hcm-employee-class-code-crosswalk

It's possible to work with your IT staff to crosswalk those employee categories to specific Alma User Groups.

For example, we assign the Alma User Group "Staff" to any employee categorized in ctcLink as:
CLASSIFIED
EXEMPT
HOURLY
PARAPROFESSIONAL

We assign the Alma User Group "Faculty" to any employee categorized in ctcLink as:
FACULTY
PART TIME FACULTY

We distinguish between faculty and non-faculty employees because we do have some categories of library materials and equipment that are restricted for faculty use only.

Hope this helps.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager