[Wactclc-alma] SMS notifications from Alma

Herman, Amy aherman at olympic.edu
Thu Apr 14 13:38:37 PDT 2022

Is anyone using SMS (text messages) rather than or in addition to email, to send students their library account related notifications?

If so, could you describe the service provider that you use and whether it's part of a larger college contract or if it's contracted only by the library?  Our college is now texting students with announcements so some of the infrastructure might be in place, but I want to better understand the framework and requirements before I potentially broach the subject with our communications department.

I have already skimmed the Alma documentation on "SMS Communications" and "Configuring S/FTP Connections" and also the developer network document on "SMS: Overview."<https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/sms/>

Amy Herman
Library Faculty | Olympic College
1600 Chester Avenue | Bremerton, WA 98337
aherman at olympic.edu<mailto:aherman at olympic.edu> | 360-475-7256