[Wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL*]- Offensive Language and Library of Congress Subject Headings

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Sep 22 10:59:08 PDT 2021

Here is a good, definitive source of info on this topic, from the State University of New York:

Change the Subject Project - UPDATED 7/2021 - Alma Resource Management - SLC Guides at SUNY System Administration (libguides.com)<https://slcny.libguides.com/c.php?g=986218&p=7623203>

And in practical terms, the page offers Primo VE display normalization rules that can be copy/pasted:

  *   LSH Subject Display Normalization Rules (MARC 600 and 650)<https://public.3.basecamp.com/p/kDKKyiB88FQwGdUzL4vSrMGG>

Note that these display rules will not affect CDI citations, and the official subject headings will continue to appear in those citations.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>