[Wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL] - Re: Can't login to Alma

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Nov 9 12:54:38 PST 2021

Nicole,

Right after we went live on ctcLink we also lost the ability to log into Alma.  Here are my notes on what we had to do to fix things:

IT updated records in the Exchange Active Directory last night to start including EmplID numbers. They put the EMPLID numbers in a field called employeeid and moved the old SSID numbers into a field called employeenumber.
Right now Alma only has people's SSID numbers in the user records. We won't have EMPLID numbers until we get the daily import jobs working in ctcLink (sometime before Spring Quarter starts).
The authentication profile for Alma/Primo (in Alma config > Alma Config > General > External Systems > Integration Profiles > LDAPS > Action tab) was set to look in the employeeid field for an ID number. When it looked in the employeeid field, it found an EMPLID number that wasn't in the Alma user record, not the SSID number that was in the Alma user record.
I updated the authentication profile to look for an ID number in the employeenumber field. Now it's finding the SSID number that's in the Alma user record.
Once we start loading ctcLink records into Alma and get EMPLID numbers into our Alma user records, I'll update the authentication profile for Alma/Primo to look for ID numbers in the employeeid field.

Check with IT and get the fieldnames where they're storing both the EMPLID number and the old SMS/PPMS ID number. Update your LDAP Integration profile accordingly.

Hope this helps!

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager