[Wactclc-alma] Alma acquisitions + ctcLink, what are your new workflows?

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Mar 29 14:14:38 PDT 2021

Naoko,

I’m really interested in the Quick Invoice Vouchers you discovered and I plan to talk about it with our acquisitions folks at our weekly meeting tomorrow.  Thanks for finding that!

With P-Card purchases, we don’t have to send any invoices to Accounts Payable.  With the P-Cards, a specific budget line (plus state Subobject Code) is assigned to each credit card.  USBank transmits the transaction data to ctcLink every day.  All we have to do once the transactions are imported into ctcLink is verify that the charge amount is correct and attach a PDF copy of the receipt/ invoice to each P-Card transaction.  This is really similar to how the way you can upload a PDF in Alma to attach to a POL or invoice.

When you reconcile the P-Card transaction in ctcLink, you can also change the budget and subobject codes if they need to be different.  Our purchasing folks told us that if we’re changing a lot of budget lines for large numbers of transactions, they’re happy to assign another credit card for the other budget line we’re using a lot.

And because P-Card balances get paid automatically every month, we don’t have to send an invoice to Accounts Payable.  We just have to give the Finance staff documentation so they can verify that we’re using the PCard to pay for valid expenses and not to buy ourselves designer handbags and gaming devices. 😉

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges