[Wactclc-alma] EBSCO eBooks duplicate

Traci Taylor ttaylor at btc.edu
Tue Mar 16 16:25:28 PDT 2021

Hello,

I found an eBook, The American opioid epidemic : from patient care to public health, that is available in our EBSCO Academic eBook and Clinical eBook collections, and it is listed twice. One record is from Alma (https://sbctc-btcctc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_BTC/10rp8oi/alma992341126402804), and the other record is from cdi ProQuest eBook Central, which is weird because this is an EBSCO product (https://sbctc-btcctc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_BTC/1d92elb/cdi_proquest_ebookcentral_EBC5728040).

We do not subscribe to ProQuest eBook Central, and I don't have the CDI search activated in the EBSCO Academic eBook collection. The EBSCO Clinical eBook collection, in the CDI tab, says that "All full text collections that are active in Alma will be searchable automatically in CDI. You can check the field below to not include the active portfolios for this collection when publishing your holdings information to CDI". If I check box, "Do not show as Full Text available in CDI even if active in Alma", will this get rid of the duplicate eBook record coming from CDI in Primo?

Thanks,
Traci

Traci Taylor, MLS
Lead Librarian
Bellingham Technical College
<http://www.btc.edu/>3028 Lindbergh Ave. | Bellingham, WA 98225
Call: 360.752.8488 | Office: CC 327
Connectedness * Professionalism * Integrity
The Library is OPEN online. Online Resources and Help Available from the BTC Library
<https://btc.ctc.libguides.com/QuickHelp>Need help? Ask the Library<https://askwa.libanswers.com/widget_chat.php?hash=bc35573cec49a83226b25e7a450c6e8c>

Do not show as Full Text available in CDI even if active in Alma
[ ]