[Wactclc-alma] Deleting old purchase requests

Stephanie Hunter Stephanie.Hunter at skagit.edu
Mon Jun 14 14:14:22 PDT 2021

Hi,

I vaguely remember a conversation about deleting old purchase requests from the queue.  We have 1165 purchase requests from basically we started using Alma to now.  I want to delete the majority of them.

Is there a reason they need to be kept?  Can these be deleted as we order items?  We're thinking of keeping everything for the fiscal year and deleting everything else.  Then in the summers deleting last year's purchases to start fresh for the current year.

What are others best practices that use acquisitions and the purchase requests function?

Is there a way to do a bulk delete of these items or do I need to go in and delete them individually?  Like I said, we have 1165 - which is a lot - so am hoping that there is a way to delete everything from previous fiscal years we haven't deleted.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie Hunter
Library and Archives Paraprofessional 3 - Technical Services Lead
Norwood Cole Library
Skagit Valley College
2405 E College Way
Mount Vernon, WA  98273