[Wactclc-alma] [External] Acquisitions walk through

Garcia, Nancy Nancy.Garcia at cptc.edu
Mon Feb 22 15:11:17 PST 2021

I would be interested in this.
Nancy

________________________________
From: Wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Paula Laine <plaine at bellevuecollege.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 12:54 PM
To: wactclc-alma (wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu) <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: [External][Wactclc-alma] Acquisitions walk through

It has been hinted at during our meetings that people would be interested in an acquisitions walk-through of sorts.
I would be happy to do a zoom where I share my screen and order a book, receive it, and invoice it.

I order my books outside of Alma and enter po and invoice information for budget tracking and statistics. I don't use vendor automated invoicing either.

I am nowhere near as confident with Alma as I was with Voyager. it took me 3 years to understand why there are import profiles on both the resources tab and the acquisitions tab (in Alma). There are many things I still need to figure out. That being said, I think there is some value in demonstrating my hacked-together single library setup.

Small libraries starting out with acquisitions may find it helpful. If you are a library all set up with fancy automation and know the answers to any of the questions that come up, please contribute.

This is not a formal presentation, there are no handouts. I will just stumble through it ad-hoc and we can pause anywhere for questions. I am working on an informal outline to make sure we cover the most critical points. I don't recall much about our implementation/setup but can note any questions for later.

Anyone interested?

Paula Laine
Bellevue College Library