[Wactclc-alma] Thursday's call

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Feb 11 09:22:02 PST 2021

CB,

To allow running a deficit in a fund, you need to allow overenumbrance and overexpenditure in a fund, from the Summary tab when editing a fund.

The easiest way to handle VAT (aka Sales Tax) in invoices is to simply not set a VAT percentage in creating invoices.

In your vendors, uncheck 'liable for tax'.

And instead, when creating an invoice, simply add an invoice line item of type 'tax', so that you can add a tax amount that exactly matches the tax from the vendor, rather than having Alma try to calculate it for you.

The 'tax' invoice line type doesn't show by default, but I will create it for you.

The auto-calculated VAT can be useful in higher volume environments where more vendors are in use and more automation is happening between Alma and vendors or accounting systems.

But for simpler environments, manually adding tax to invoices is the easy way to go.

http://www.wactclc.org