[Wactclc-alma] Notifications sent via Canvas for laptop and textbook returns...

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Aug 13 08:48:07 PDT 2021

We’ve had a lot of discussion lately about the circulation of equipment and textbooks, and challenges in getting those materials returned.

So, I thought I’d share a technique Big Bend is using.

They are sending out a general notification via Canvas (see below), that I’m assuming goes to students and employees (since I received a copy myself).

This seems like an option worth considering. Especially since the notification is also delivered in the user’s Dashboard in Canvas (screenshot below as well), which could potentially be more effective than the email itself, depending on how Canvas-centric your campus is.

And building on this idea, those of you already on ctcLink could look into a similar kind of notification to go on the ctcLink Student Portal.