[Wactclc-alma] Analytics for weeding physical items

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Sep 3 10:04:42 PDT 2020

Ahhh, I think I know the issue.

The analyses are bringing back the data you're asking for. It's just the data has something not accounted for in the analyses.

You can review your data to confirm, but I think you've got three data cases, one of which is an artifact of the migrated Horizon data:

last loan date

total loans

null

0

Items never circulated in Alma or Horizon

has value

0

items that circulated in Horizon but not Alma

has value

> 0

Items circulated in Alma

Some possible ways to account for this:

1.       3 separate analyses, to find each of the 3 cases above separately

2.       Just de-duplicate the list in Excel, using something like the barcode value (you can Google how to deduplicate, or finding unique values, in Excel

3.       Combine the 3 data cases above into a single analysis, using a more complex query, possibly with formulas

You've already got the list, so #2 is probably the easiest, and will teach you something about Excel, if you don't already know how to de-duplicate.

Again, you'd have to look at the data to be sure, but this seems like what is happening.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>
509.760.4474