[Wactclc-alma] Blocking users based on total $$$ amount owed

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Sep 24 11:55:43 PDT 2020

In this morning's call, the question came up about blocking users based on total $$ amount owed to the library (for lost items, or for any reason, really).

Turns out, we were making this question a lot harder to think about than necessary.

Setting a patron limit on total $$$ amount owed does *not* create a BLOCK transaction on a user record that is visible on the BLOCKS tab.

The total amount owed is checked in real time when the user attempts to check something out.

Laura, you will see this if you attempt to circulate to your test user, for example. Here's an example of the pop up on my account.

This morning, we were looking for a specific block on the BLOCKS tab of the user record, which is not how that $$$ amount limit is applied by Alma.

So, I believe that solves our riddle. Unless, Laura, you were not seeing the block popup for users who owed more than your 0.99 limit.

[cid:image001.png at 01D69269.33D31060]

http://www.wactclc.org