[Wactclc-alma] Just a thought - ctcLink/Alma - Preferred Language

Cara Beth Stevenson cara.stevenson at ghc.edu
Wed Nov 18 08:50:15 PST 2020

I wouldn't just assume that ESL patrons know how to translate an email on a computer to their preferred language. They are already navigating in an unfamiliar environment, and receiving an email from an unknown entity could add more confusion.

I'm not trying to argue, just to raise awareness that we might have to coach them on how to use the translation features in browsers and software.

Cara Beth Stevenson

(pronouns: she/her/hers)

Library Paraprofessional

John Spellman Library