[Wactclc-alma] match method for Films on Demand Import Profile

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Nov 10 11:59:09 PST 2020

I'll add this to today's meeting notes as well, but I wanted to highlight it separately.

In our discussion about import profiles for Films on Demand, we talking about 856 handling, but not the match method.

If you are getting Films on Demand records from the vendor, you want to use the matching method of "035 (Other System Identifier)".

And, specify "FOD" as the system identifier.

With that match method, you will limit matching of incoming records to existing FOD records with an FOD identifier in an 035 field.

That will prevent those FOD records from matching other records, by title for example.

(Elena, I already saved this change to your FOD import profile.)

[cid:image001.png at 01D6B758.E565D6F0]

http://www.wactclc.org