[Wactclc-alma] Digitization Requests in Alma

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Mar 18 14:26:05 PDT 2020

Amy,

Good idea. Definitely worth exploring.

To answer one of your question... Yes, the digitization request form can provide fields for specifying a page range for scanning.

A useful 12 minute look at digitization requests can be found here:

More Information About Digitization Requests - Document Delivery Using Links<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/@api/deki/files/47872/Document_Delivery_via_Link.mp4?revision=1> video (12:23 mins).

In the clip, older versions of Alma and Primo are used, but the workflow is the same.

Also, in this video, they demo the use of sending links to scanned content to the requester, where the content can be picked up from the Alma cloud. You can also simply attach a scanned document to an email and send directly to the requester.

Probably the critical path for implementing this workflow is scanning capabilities and staffing, and also copyright clearance, where applicable.

This is a good topic for discussion on our daily calls.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>
509.760.4474