[Wactclc-alma] Fulfillment Unit / TOU, etc

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Jun 26 15:44:50 PDT 2020

Colleen,

I just checked, your location configuration looks correct. Good job.

The library only has one circ desk configured, so the circ desk for all your locations will always been the default circ desk.

The holdings configuration (accession placement and call number type) just tells Alma how the holdings (call numbers) in that location should be sorted.

Since equipment typically does not use Dewey or LC call numbers, setting accession to 'none' and call number type to 'other scheme' is recommended.

The Fulfillment Unit name is just a name, don't overthink it. You can label it however you want.

And your Fulfillment Unit rules look good. Except there are two of them, with the same conditions for each (location = TC, user group = Faculty, Staff, Student).

But each rule has a different Term of Use: Tutoring Center - Tablet Loan, and the other is Full Quarter Checkout Period.

The rules in a Fulfillment Unit get processed from the top down at the circ desk. As soon as Alma finds a rule that matches the transaction, it uses that term of use and doesn't look further.

Since the conditions on your rules are the same, the top rule will always be the one processed.

So, delete whichever rule is redundant, and leave the other one. (It looks like they both use the end-of-quarter due date).

After that, you should be ready to go with your first fulfillment unit / rule / term of use. Congratulations :)

http://www.wactclc.org