[Wactclc-alma] [External] Kanopy pricing changes

Herman, Amy aherman at olympic.edu
Tue Jun 23 11:42:13 PDT 2020

I heard that last week too, when I inquired why were billed $2/view for 165 plays rather than automatically triggering a purchase after 50 plays. They said "This is something we can no longer offer."  I had received no advance notification of any changes to the billing structure. I sent a response back expressing my unhappiness, and attached a copy of the email we had from the sales rep a couple of months ago offering that model to us, which is part of what convinced is to adopt the service, but have yet to hear back. I am all for pressuring Kanopy via consortium or other means, at least to allow that model to remain in place for the rest of this year.

Amy Herman
Library Faculty | Olympic College
1600 Chester Avenue | Bremerton, WA 98337
aherman at olympic.edu<mailto:aherman at olympic.edu>

OC Libraries are OPEN online only!  Visit the OC Libraries website<https://libguides.olympic.edu/index> to connect to services and resources.