[Wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL*]- Films on Demand - Journal Icon

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Tue Jun 16 20:39:09 PDT 2020

Oh, I forgot. After you create the Normalization Rule, you have to go to Alma | Config |Processes and add a process.

You have to choose a Business Entity and Type to create a new Normalization process:
[cid:image002.png at 01D6441C.B28A27E0]
Then you have to give it  a name and description.

Then it asks you to choose a task and you pick MARC Drool Normalization.

Next, it will take you to the list of the rules you created in the MD Editor and you pick the one you want  (Make sure that when you save your rule back in the MD Editor it's SHARED not PRIVATE)

[cid:image003.png at 01D6441E.2EC41B80]

Then you save it.

Then, you go back into Alma and run a job. In the jobs menu,  choose MARC 21 Bib Normalization from the type of jobs that you want to run. This is the title of the Process that you just added in Config (and it won't show up here if the normalization rule isn't set to be Shared in the MD Editor ).

[cid:image004.png at 01D6441E.2EC41B80]
Pick the Set of whatever you want to run the job on (in this case, portfolios from your e collection)

Run the job.

I think those are all the steps. Wade, or someone else, please correct me if I'm wrong on that...

Good luck, Traci!

Elena
Elena Bianco, Systems & Technical Services Librarian
(360)416-7624