[Wactclc-alma] Import Profile Encoding Format

Lynn Robinson lrobinson at btc.edu
Tue Jun 30 07:50:55 PDT 2020

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with my encoding format. I am currently using ISO8859_1 in my import profile (and have been for years) and upon import, all the diacritics in my bib records display correctly. When I change the encoding format to UTF-8 and run an import, the diacritics display as black diamonds.

I thought the 8859_1 was outdated and no longer used and that I should be using UTF-8, so what I am doing is opposite of what I think to be true.

My objective is to import a file of Films on Demand streaming video bibs and I was told to use UTF-8 in my import profile.

I'm looking for some help with this library puzzler of the day!

Thank you,
Lynn

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D64EB3.142F8760]<https://www.btc.edu/>Lynn Robinson
Acquisitions & Cataloging
Library
Bellingham Technical College<http://www.btc.edu/>
3028 Lindbergh Ave. | Bellingham, WA 98225
360.752.8337 or 541.351.8348 | lrobinson at btc.edu<mailto:lrobinson at btc.edu>
The Library is OPEN online. Online Resources and Help Available from the BTC Library<https://btc.ctc.libguides.com/QuickHelp>