[Wactclc-alma] Course Reserves - starting; maintaining; best workflow practices

McGaughey, Colleen Colleen.McGaughey at cptc.edu
Mon Jun 15 10:28:50 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I am still relatively new to Alma. My institution is looking for some advice on developing a Course Reserve workflow. We have manually added a few academic departments, but that's as far as we've gotten.

Who handles Course Reserves at your institution?

What steps should we take first to get started on the right foot?

Should we add all of the course manually first and then start entering detailed information about each course one by one?

If you have an academic course with several sections, how to you input those into Course Reserves? Do you give each course section a new unique course code or do you just not worry about course sections?

That's probably enough questions for now. We just need some guidance on how to get started, and best practices moving forward.

Thank you for helping.

Best,
Colleen McGaughey
Clover Park Technical College