[Wactclc-alma] Follow up to yesterday's (June 2) discussion about the internal Alma ILL form

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Jun 3 16:51:23 PDT 2020

Following yesterday's call, I was thinking more about the growing relevance of ILL requests in general, and was looking further into the ILL request form available natively in Alma.

I came across a very useful aspect of the form, which I think will be of particular interest to those of you currently offering some Google form- or other external-form based ILL request tool.

I learned (or, more accurately, was reminded; since I knew this at one point) that you can actually expose a blank ILL form in Primo VE by enabling the 'Blankill' menu link on the Links tab in a Primo VE view (screenshot below).

And even if you don't want to expose the link in the Primo VE top menu bar, you can still direct link to the form via a URL like the following (simply replace the Primo hostname and view with your own):

https://sbctc-highline.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/blankIll?vid=01STATEWA_HCC:HIGHLINE

You could actually put this link in libguides or other pages, where you might currently have an existing ILL form linked.

(It's possible that one or more of you already do this, though if it's currently happening I'm not aware.)

This is actually pretty slick. This this form brings resource sharing requests straight into Alma, you can manage your ILL requests in Alma, rather than having to manage more freeform data coming in from a more cludgey source, like a one-off Google form.

This is something we can discuss in future calls.

[cid:image001.png at 01D639C6.BABE9B90]

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>