[Wactclc-alma] [External]Alma Not Working?

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon Jan 27 14:52:59 PST 2020

Lily / Clare,

I don’t have any issues logging into either of your Alma instances, with an internal account.

So, you can switch to internal accounts for now, if external authentication is not working.

I don’t see any general outages at status.exlibrisgroup.com

So, first thing to check would be to look in Alma at expiration dates for the account(s) that aren’t working.

Edmonds using Active Directory for external authentication, so the next most likely candidate for authentication issues is an expired security certificate on the institution side for the Active Directory server.

SPSCC using ADFS authentication, so the most likely issue after expiration date is an issue with the timestamp on your ADFS service. So you can ask IT to reset the time there against a public time service.

Please post back to the list if / when its working again, and I’ll continue to look to see if I can find any issues from here.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>
509.760.4474