[Wactclc-alma] Courtesy Letter Preview

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Feb 14 14:17:56 PST 2020

Just FYI, I just walked through the recently released feature for previewing letters, and it’s much slicker than I though.

I can do a quick walk-through next Tuesday, but here’s a quick step-by-step of how to do it:

1. Go to Alma Configuration / General / Letters Configuration

2. Select the letter you want to test / preview

3. Click the 'Letter Examples' tab from the set of tabs for the letter.

4. Click 'add from system letters' from the action menu

5. From the displayed list, select a previously sent letter of this kind (shouldn’t matter which); the data from that previously sent letter will be used as the test data in the letter preview

6. After selecting a letter, make sure to set it as the 'Default Preview' option

7. Now, click 'Preview Letter'.

The resulting preview will display the data from the previously sent letter using your current XML for the letter.

Using this method, you should be able to see the affect of XML changes very quickly.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>
509.760.4474