[Wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL*]- question from Claire at Shoreline

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Thu Feb 6 10:46:46 PST 2020

Hi Claire:

Our librarians do use the Request Materials function in Alma to place orders. It works well for us. They enter the title, author, ISBN, estimated price of the item they want to order.  Our Technical Services staff then orders the books, usually through Amazon, because it's the least expensive.

We have not explored setting up EDI for payment to Amazon. We reconcile the packing slips from Amazon with the credit card, and agreed, it's not a super easy process. I'd be interested in hearing how setting up EDI would work...

Good luck!

Elena

Elena Bianco, Systems & Technical Services Librarian
(360)416-7624