[Wactclc-alma] Making analytics reports available

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Dec 10 12:34:50 PST 2020

Elena,

As an alternative, just have them log into Alma instead, and they can view the dashboard from the Alma Analytics menu.

Since I assume these are campus users that are already being loaded into Alma, just assign them ‘Course Reserves Viewer’ role, so that they can log into Alma to view the dashboard. That should work. You’ve already got the patron role set for that dashboard, so anyone that can log into Alma should be able to view the dashboard.

The other option would be to create a stripped down version of the report as a stand-alone analysis, so that it’s more compatible to being converted to PDF for email distribution.

Just FYI, the reason why the link to the dashboard doesn’t just “work” is because you have to be authenticated to Alma first, to give you access to analytics.

Technically, the link will work if you first log into Alma. So, you could have them log into Alma (giving them a role to allow them to do so), and then having them use the link.

But since they’re logging into Alma at that point, they could just view the dashboard from within Alma instead.

[cid:image001.png at 01D6CEF0.6679CEA0]

http://www.wactclc.org