[Wactclc-alma] Withdrawing items in batch by scanning barcodes

McGaughey, Colleen Colleen.McGaughey at cptc.edu
Tue Aug 25 13:54:12 PDT 2020

Thanks Wade.

I found and reviewed that link earlier this morning. It seems like that method requires a lot of steps in order to withdraw material, and that withdrawing item by item might be just as affective.

I briefly tried out the method you showed in this morning's meeting. I created an itemized list, keyed in the barcode (I don't have a working barcode scanner). I checked the box next to the item. I then selected to add the item to an existing list, and then I had to select the list I wanted to add the item to. I think searching for the physical item by barcode, and clicking on ... and selecting withdraw is much simpler, and faster than creating a list and having to tell Alma every time which list you want to add the item.

The old system I am used to let you create a record set. From within the record set, you simoly  scan away to your hearts content, and when you were done you simply saved the file. You then simply selected that you wanted to put the items into withdrawn status and select okay. The software did the rest. If there were any issues during the withdrawal process, you would be able to review them at the end - such as an item not withdrawing because of the status of the item - the item had an in-transit status, or the item had a hold request, etc.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Colleen McGaughey