[Wactclc-alma] Managing delayed re-circulation of physical items during quarantine

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Aug 4 11:37:26 PDT 2020

Laura Staley brought up a great question to me this morning, about Alma workflows to delay re-circulation of physical items to allow quarantining.

We can talk about this on the Thursday call.

I found a couple of related documents on ExLibris's COVID19 site:

  *   How to cause returned items to remain in quarantine for a specified time period before returning to permanent location<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/@api/deki/files/82726/How_to_cause_returned_items_to_remain_in_quarantine_for_a_specified_time_period_before_returning_to_permanent_location.pptx?revision=2>
  *   How to use the Reshelving Period to indicate an awaiting reshelving period to the end user<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/@api/deki/files/82241/How_to_use_the_Reshelving_Period_to_indicate_an_awaiting_reshelving_period_to_the_end_user.pptx?revision=1>

The first document describes the use of a temporary location, and even a separate library, for quarantining. A separate library would be overkill, but a separate temporary location might be useful for busier or bigger operations.

The other, less invasive approach is to simply set a lengthy reshelving period for items as they are checked in, to allow a quarantine waiting period before those items appear as available again.

Again, we can talk about this topic on Thursday.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>
509.760.4474