[Wactclc-alma] Correcting Material Type in ALMA

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Apr 2 09:08:02 PDT 2020

To add a bit more info to my earlier post...

When you say 'resource type' in Alma / Primo, you're generally referring to a value determined by MARC Leader fields 06 and 07.

To see how those fields determine the resource type facet values in Primo VE, see Mapping Resource Types in Primo VE<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/020Primo_VE/050Other_Configuration/Mapping_to_the_Display%2C_Facets%2C_and_Search_Sections_in_the_Primo_VE_Record#Mapping_Resource_Types_in_Primo_VE>

To search by resource type in Alma, you need to do a title search, rather than an ite search, since resource type is relevant to the MARC records, rather than item records.

To search by resource type, you can do a Physical Title advanced search in Alma, and select to search by resource type.

But be aware, there are a lot more individual resource types in Alma than appear in Primo. That's simply because so many different resource types are availble in the MARC standard, and Primo collapses many of those into subsets, to make things simpler for users.

[cid:image001.png at 01D608CE.36484740]

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>