[Wactclc-alma] Cleaning up records batch added through import

Daniel Moore daniel.moore at email.edcc.edu
Tue Sep 24 14:44:35 PDT 2019

Hey all,

I wanted to refresh our Kanopy records in Primo, so I downloaded the MARC
records we have and used a Kanopy import profile shared with the community
from Rutgers to upload them.

First mistake wasn't digging deeper into the records themselves before
uploading, as each record has a second 856 field that links to just a cover
image. This ended up being a problem as that second 856 field is actually
listed first in the linking services area, e.g.
https://sbctc-edcc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/fulldisplay?docid=alma991727424002809&context=L&vid=01STATEWA_EDCC:EDMONDS&lang=en&search_scope=MyInst_and_CI&adaptor=Local%20Search%20Engine&tab=Everything&query=any,contains,the%20inventor

So then I thought, "Well, I'll just tweak that." I modified the import
profile to skip indicator 42 and re-uploaded, thinking it would overwrite
those records with the new/correct schema. That's why in the link above you
see three "view full text" links: the first goes to the cover art, and the
second two go to the correct Kanopy page.

Only, the import profile is set to overlay, so I don't know why that
original set of two links persists. Anyone have any ideas?

Dan