[Wactclc-alma] Linking to Google Scholar

Tammy Siebenberg tsiebenberg at yvcc.edu
Mon Oct 21 14:40:39 PDT 2019

Wade,

Today, I've followed the instructions you gave below to create our Google Publishing Profile in Alma.  I hope I did it correctly.

Now I'm trying to fix YVC's links in Google Scholar that were created before we moved to Alma.  We were using Voyager and also used SFX and had an old library website URL, too.  When I try to link to our library in Google Scholar I get two options, neither of which work correctly at this time:

Yakima Valley Community College - Raymond Library - Get it at YVCC Library
YAKIMA VALLEY COLLEGE - ProQuest Fulltext

Google Scholar's instructions to libraries<https://scholar.google.com/intl/en/scholar/libraries.html> says the following:

Please also contact your vendor if you need to make changes to your registration, or to remove it entirely. E.g., if you're moving to a different product, you will need to ask the old vendor to remove your old record, and ask the new vendor to add a new record for you. Once the vendor makes a change at their end, our automatic update process should normally pick it up within a week or two.

Do I submit a case to Ex Libris to get this done, since Voyager was also an Ex Libris product?

Tammy

Tammy R. Siebenberg, MLIS
Director - Library & Media Services
Yakima Valley College