[Wactclc-alma] Suppressing letters for reserve items?

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Fri Oct 11 13:49:42 PDT 2019

Great! We’ll try this and see.

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Library Coordinator
Library Learning Commons
Lake Washington Inst. Of Technology
Pronouns: he/him/his

Contact Info
greg.bem at lwtech.edu<mailto:greg.bem at lwtech.edu%0d>
425-739-8100 xt.8898
http://www.lwtech.edu/campus-life/library

From: Wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> On Behalf Of Daniel Moore
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:57 PM
To: WACTCLC Alma Discussion <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Cc: Miller, Cassandra <Cassandra.Miller at lwtech.edu>
Subject: Re: [Wactclc-alma] Suppressing letters for reserve items?

EXTERNAL SENDER: Use caution with links and attachments
________________________________
There's a thread in Alma-L from October 2018 about turning off short loan letters. It's related to this enhancement:  https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Release_Notes/010_2018/06_July_2018/Alma_July_2018_Release_Notes/04Fulfillment_-_July_2018_Enhancements

Here's the body of that reply:

You, Tao tao.you at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:tao.you at vanderbilt.edu> via<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en> exlibrisusers.org<http://exlibrisusers.org>
to Ex
[Image removed by sender.]
Hi Chris,

We just migrated to Alma, still learning to adjust our letter settings.

We did received a lot short loan due courtesy letters when we just migrated, and we didn’t set our short_loan_courtery_reminder parameter.   Finally we disabled “fulshortloanletter” in Configuration -> General -> General Configuration -> letter activity code table, that stopped courtesy notices for those short loans.

Try that and let me know whether that helps in your institution. Thanks,

Tao