[Wactclc-alma] WSL's extension of Newsbank trial and collection activation in Alma

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Oct 4 12:28:02 PDT 2019

As someone noted to me this a.m., WSL extended the Newsbank trial another year.

https://www.sos.wa.gov/library/libraries/projects/sdl/newsbank-offer.aspx

Probably not news to anyone.

But a reminder about collection activation.

In the CZ, the collection appears as:

Newsbank Access World News Research Collection

You can look at the collection in your institution zone, or in the community zone if you haven't activated it.

>From there, you can search to see if a newspaper of interest is included.

Last year, for example, Elena / Skagit noted that the "Anacortes American" was not included.

Searching now, I see that the Anacortes American is included (as of 4/13/19).

So, the CZ collection has probably improved / expanded since last year, and worth another look if you chose not to activate last year, and subscribed to the collection.

[cid:image001.png at 01D57AAF.289422C0]

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>