[Wactclc-alma] Bellevue ESL Call number change project

Hannah Micona HMicona at greenriver.edu
Fri Nov 15 08:17:17 PST 2019

Hi Paula,

You can do this with a normalization rule. This is the rule I used to change something very similar, with your text substituted:

rule "Replace text FICTION with READER in 852.h (unconditional)"
    when
         (TRUE)
     then
            replaceContents "852.h.FICTION" with "READER"
end

Assuming you've never done any of this:

You'll need a set of the physical items that belong to the holdings records you want to change.

Open the MD Editor and go to New -> Normalization rules. Give it a descriptive name, and select Shared and Enabled. Copy and paste the rule into the editor and save it. Test it on a record by opening one of the records you want to change in the editor, set up the split screen, then open the normalization rule from the sidebar and click preview. The change will be highlighted. If it works as it should...

You'll need to make it a process to use it with a job, so after you create the rule in the MD Editor, go to the configuration settings for Resources, first in the Cataloging group is Metadata Configuration, in active profiles select MARC21 Holding, go to the Normalization Processes tab and select Add Process and follow the wizard - after you give it a name, you'll have a blank page with an Add Tasks option, pick Marc Drool Normalization, then on the next page for Drools File Key select the rule. Now run the 'Change holding information' job on the physical items set you created, and in the lower right corner of the task parameters page you can 'Correct the data using normalization rules' (don't forget to check the box as well as selecting your rule). That should do it, if I didn't forget anything!

Hannah Micona

Cataloger, Holman Library

Green River College

(253) 833-9111 ex. 2098