[Wactclc-alma] Segmented Sources in Search

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Tue Nov 19 14:32:14 PST 2019

Hey all,

Over the past couple weeks I've seen a few different colleges provide a search experience where source types are segmented from the beginning of the search process. An example is here, where this library uses "Stacks," a product from EBSCO, to divide sources a la "bento style" and the user can click into them individually, which would connect with the discovery layer:

https://library.wilson.edu/multisearch?bentoq=test&catalog=bento

I know that Blacklight offers similar functionality, though the examples I've seen are beyond hideous.

Do you know if Primo has anything like this, or if there's a relatively beautiful open source app that could do this type of functionality?

I appreciate especially the topical page that shows up first (linking to a Credo or other reference page on the keyword/subject area). For our students especially, this is way more user friendly than the typical Primo search results listing.

Greg

Greg Bem, MLIS
Professor and Library Coordinator
Library Learning Commons
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Pronouns: he/him/his

Contact Info
greg.bem at lwtech.edu<mailto:greg.bem at lwtech.edu%0d>
425-739-8100 xt.8898
http://www.lwtech.edu/campus-life/library

2019-2020 Vice President of Local 3533, LWTech's Faculty Union!