[Wactclc-alma] Can't place Work Orders on Lost Items

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Tue Nov 12 11:01:52 PST 2019

Hi all,

Our circ team discovered this on Friday, and they believe it is a new restriction. I did some digging and found that the message "Failed to save the request" was because No circulation desk was defined for the location of the item<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Knowledge_Articles/No_request_is_possible%3A_%22Failed_to_save_the_request%22>. We've replicated this with books that went lost as recently as this summer and as long ago as pre-Alma.

If I move the item from Lost to Found, it lets me submit the work order. However, circ believes they didn't have to take that additional step before.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!
Lesley