[Wactclc-alma] Old VAT codes - keep or delete?

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri May 24 10:10:15 PDT 2019

For inventory related codes (locations, fulfillment rules, etc), you generally aren’t able to delete a code that is in use (still has an item or rule attached).

I wouldn’t recommend deleting a VAT type that still exists on invoices in your system, even if those invoices are closed. (Not sure Alma would let you, anyway.)

Another related kind of issue you can run into is with the deletion of user accounts.

If a user creates an analytics report, and that user is later deleted, the analytics report becomes non-editable.

But you can always recreate the user if that happens. So that one isn’t such a big deal.

http://www.wactclc.org