[Wactclc-alma] [External] RE: Kanopy and faculty/employee use

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu May 9 16:08:02 PDT 2019

>> The chief concern is, are faculty allowed to use Kanopy for personal use?

I haven’t heard this concern expressed about any collections until now. Does this apply to any collection an institution buys? (Since, in a since, it’s all state money.)

Or is Kanopy a special case? Is it per Kanopy licensing terms, maybe?

My initial thought was that any use of Kanopy could be potentially be for academic use. Maybe Kanopy really polices this stuff?

As an aside, I haven’t seen my public library offering Kanopy. But they do offer AcornTV, which is quite cool (along with NY Times).

http://www.wactclc.org