[Wactclc-alma] LazyList APP

Traci Taylor ttaylor at btc.edu
Wed May 8 16:26:32 PDT 2019

Thank you, Dan.

From: Wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> On Behalf Of Daniel Moore
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:46 PM
To: WACTCLC Alma Discussion <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: [Wactclc-alma] LazyList APP

Clicking too fast. The screenshots are attached here.

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 3:45 PM Daniel Moore <daniel.moore at email.edcc.edu<mailto:daniel.moore at email.edcc.edu>> wrote:
Hey Traci,

To get started, follow these steps:

  1.  In the link you included, click the link to the "GitHub" repository at the bottom of the page. It should take you here: https://github.com/MrJeremyHobbs/LazyLists/releases
  2.  Here, click on LazyLists_2_4.zip to download that release. The release is a .zip file that contains the application.
  3.  Unzip that file on your computer.
  4.  In the "Documentation" file you can see how to finish configuring the application to work with your Alma. You'll need to register for an API key in the Developer Network  https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/account/register/ if you haven't already done so. I'm honestly not sure if there are system leads around that already have institutional accounts, but you can register your own account and then submit a ticket via SalesForce to Ex Libris to associate your Developer Network account with your institutional data. IOW, it's your account but it'll use your school's Alma data.
  5.  After you have your access set up, create an API key using the "Build" link at the top of the page. You'll "create" an application by defining what this is for (LazyLists) and then add what the documentation says you'll need: BIBS read, and CONFIGURATION read/write. I've included a screenshot of what this might look like for you.
  6.  You'll take the API key value (super long string of letters of numbers) and copy/paste that into the config.ini file in the LazyList folder.
  7.  Next it says you need to create a default set to populate with these items. You'll do that in Alma by going to Admin - Manage Sets - Add set - Itemized. Add some basic info here and click Save. Reopen the set to grab the set ID and copy that into the config.ini file too. I've attached a second screenshot of this.
  8.  Once the config.ini file is updated with the two values and your API key access is associated with your production data, you should be good to go. Double-click the "lazylist.exe" file to open the application. It looks like this only works on Windows for now... but I'd expect Jeremy to convert this into a web app pretty quickly.
Let us know how it goes. And this may be fun to do as a live demo during a Tuesday call.

-Dan