[Wactclc-alma] Subscription Order LInes with Claims Task List

Stephanie Levesen Stephanie.Levesen at skagit.edu
Wed May 22 08:52:48 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to clean up my "order lines with claims" for the subscriptions I handle (newspapers and periodicals) and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get rid of them off the list.  What do the alerts mean in the alerts tab of the POL?  I'm wondering if the ones I'm seeing (mostly newspapers, with a few magazine titles) are in their with claims because we don't receive them on a regular basis and that's why the claim is coming up.  Some of the magazines are irregularly published and the newspapers are just in there with a POL for budgeting and to make sure the funds are accurate but we don't actually check them in through Alma because we discard them so quickly.

I've adjusted several different settings in the POL that I thought might be the case, but they're still showing up with claims.  I've read the help and if I understand it correctly, it's because of how we receive and process the items (not through Alma) that is causing them to remain on the orders with claims tasks list - something hasn't been received in a long time causing the POL to be overdue.

Any advice on clearing order lines with claims tasks in terms of subscriptions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie Levesen
Periodicals/ILLs/Circulation