[Wactclc-alma] Signing off, with gratitude

Nina Pitts NPitts at pencol.edu
Thu Jun 27 14:45:37 PDT 2019

Friends and Colleagues,

To some of you, this will come as a surprise. Others may have heard the rumors via 'rainforest telegraph'. Yes, the word you heard is accurate - I'm retiring. Today is my last day in the library. While this is rather sudden, due to budget cuts, I'm looking forward with great anticipation to life without a work schedule!

Before I go, though, I just want you to know how much it has meant to me to connect with you on this list, at conferences, and in workshops at our various institutions. I'm grateful for your ideas and constant willingness to share information. Some of you go back with me to the very beginning of the ORCA consortium and Voyager. You know, in the immortal words of Jerry Garcia, "What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been," lol. But I wouldn't have missed any of it, or all the fun we've had along the way. Everyone who has boarded the Alma/Primo train has continued that culture of collaboration and helpfulness, and it has been a pleasure to work with you all.

My library colleagues at Peninsula are a special group of people, and I know you'll welcome them warmly. If you're ever in town and want to find me, they'll know where I am. You can also reach me at my personal email, ninacpitts at gmail.com<mailto:ninacpitts at gmail.com>.

I wish you the very best of everything going forward, and hope we'll cross paths here and there in the future.

Take good care!
Nina

Nina Pitts
soon-to-be-retired as Library Supervisor
Peninsula College Library / Media Center
Port Angeles, WA 98362