[Wactclc-alma] Overdue books not going into lost status

Stephanie Levesen Stephanie.Levesen at skagit.edu
Wed Jun 12 08:39:37 PDT 2019

Since Monday, when we started blocking patrons with overdue materials, we noticed that books that are WAY overdue (like due on 4/30/2019, so over a month) have not gone into lost status and billed the patron for a replacement cost.

Elena and I have looked at the overdue and lost loan notifications, and noticed that on the billed profiles (bottom two on the screenshot in case my circle goes awry), under the column "Create Overdue loan fine" it's checked as inactive.  When we go to activate it, it won't click over and stay active.  Here's a screenshot:

[cid:image003.png at 01D520FA.5DB19690][cid:image004.jpg at 01D520FA.5DB19690]

We then ran the job using the more options button, and when I checked the history, under the change to lost by profile section, on those two jobs, it shows that nothing was changed over.  There should be things changed over.

If I go to one of the patron's records that I know has materials that should be billed but aren't, and view the policies for one of the overdue items, everything under the loan tab looks correct.  When I look at the overdue and lost loan profiles tab, the first second and third overdues are listed, then we have some reserves and laptop overdues that are listed (which shouldn't be since it's for a book) but under that there's no billed notification going out.

Has anyone come across this since the last update?  We've only just noticed this issue so not sure when overdues stopped being billed out (it's at least since May) and how to fix this so overdue materials start getting billed again.

I can send names of people with materials that should be overdue if needed.  I've looked everywhere I can to try and fix this but am coming up with dead ends.

Thanks for looking into this.

Stephanie

Stephanie Levesen
Periodicals/ILLs/Circulation