[Wactclc-alma] trouble adding members to a set from an analytics report

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Jul 25 16:43:55 PDT 2019

Amy,

Good reminder that creating sets from Analytics reports is possible :) (Something that isn't 2nd nature to me, since it's a newer feature.)

I actually had never done it, so just went through the process.

A couple of requirements for creating these reports:

1.       For the content type ('physical title', 'physical item', etc) you want to create a set for, you need to use one of the supported fields listed at https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/120Alma_Glossary. These are the same fields that can be used to create a set from a file, and

2.       You may need to change the column heading name in analytics to match the column heading required in a file.

So, for a physical title set of your titles in the temporary new books collection, I created a analytics report with the Item ID field (#1 above). And I renamed the column heading in the report to 'PID' (#2 above).

You can find the resulting set under the name 'New Books Temp Location'. (Note that this list covers all of your libraries, so you might need to add a filter to target a specific library, if required.)

I didn't try to use ISBN. It is listed as a field that can be used for physical title managed sets. But the ISBN field often contains multiple values, so may not be the best field to use for creating a managed set. And that may also have been the cause of the failed attempt.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
Library Consortium Services Manager
wade at bigbend.edu<mailto:wade at bigbend.edu>