[Wactclc-alma] What is a Recall in Alma?

Stephanie Levesen Stephanie.Levesen at skagit.edu
Wed Jul 10 11:33:05 PDT 2019

Kristi,

You’re information about the WAC got me curious so I looked up the WAC for Skagit to see what was in there about library policies, and I didn’t find a subsection for the library policies.  So I asked our library director and she said that we deliberately didn’t put the library policies in the WAC to make sure we could update/change the policies as needed and not go through the whole WAC process to get them updated, since the college doesn’t do that often.  The only requirement we have, which we meet, is to post our policies and they’re on our website.

Then I was curious and looked at other colleges and some of them do and some of them don’t have their library’s policies in the WAC, so it probably depends on the college/library’s decision to include them in the WAC document or not.

Just thought I’d share that information in case people went looking at the WAC for their library policies and didn’t see them.  It could be the similar case as here at SVC, where we chose not to include them since it makes updating policies harder and more time consuming.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie Levesen
Periodicals/ILLs/Circulation