[Wactclc-alma] Item policy questions

Sally Sheedy SSheedy at whatcom.edu
Wed Jan 23 12:21:29 PST 2019

Hi All,

I am doing some clean-up, and have a few questions. I want to remove temporary item policies in a job, but I think I can't. If I go to Information Update/Change Physical Items, I can change the temporary call number (and type) and the alternative call number (and type), but not the temporary item policy. I think it just hasn't been included in things you can update by job, but am I missing something?

By my reckoning, we have seven item policies referred to by any of the Input parameters for all our Fulfillment Unit rules. But we have other item policies in some item records. Of those, some are not even in the Item Policy table. I know it's possible to delete an item policy from the table even when it is referenced by a Fulfillment Unit rule;  in the interest of being careful, is there a report of all of the defined input parameters?

If an item policy is not referenced in any terms of use Input Parameter for any Fulfillment Unit Rule, does that mean it serves no purpose and can be removed from the items that have it and from the item policy table without any problem? I think so, but just want to double check.

The health check points us to the item policies (found in item records) that are missing from the item policy table. I have to add the policies to the table in order to be able to set up a job to clear them out of the items. Getting rid of them seems pretty straight forward and leaving them there has caused confusion -- I've back-burnered this for too long.

Thanks for any insights!

-Sally

Sally Sheedy
Systems Librarian
Whatcom Community College Library
237 West Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
360-383-3287  (library 3300, college 3000)
ssheedy at whatcom.edu
library.whatcom.edu