[Wactclc-alma] Technical Services Location for multiple campuses

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Dec 9 11:40:54 PST 2019

Elena,

During migration, Ex Libris set up our Library Technical Services as an "Acquisitions Department."  This was different from having Tech Services set up as a separate library with physical locations and circulation desks (although we have that too).

Because Ex Libris configured this for us, I have no idea where or how they did this.

What I can tell you is that when Tech Services staff log into Alma, they select "Seattle Colleges Library Technical Services - Library Technical Services" as their location.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D5AE85.833A0A00]

If you have one library that does all the receiving for other locations (e.g. Seattle Central handles ordering and receiving for the main campus and 3 branch libraries), you need to create a relationship for the libraries in Alma config:

Alma config > [Library that handles acquisitions] > General > Libraries > Relationships

Check the "Acquire for" box for the branch location(s).

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D5AE85.833A0A00]

Does this make sense?

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Service Manager