[Wactclc-alma] Flailing Around : Seven Questions

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon Dec 2 12:03:23 PST 2019

Rhonda,

It looks like you have recently activated 4 ebsco ebook colletions (screenshot below).

I'm not sure the differences between these.

An important concern when activating collections from the CZ is to find the one that matches what you subscribe to.

If it's not clear just based on collection name or title count, a good resource is our listserv ("I subscribe to such-and-such collection, what's the best CZ equivalent"), and also George Dragich, the NW Ebsco representative, or just Ebsco support.  (Ebsco, among other vendors, seems to have a large number of package variants where the names differ only slightly.)

If I look at a title from one of these collections in Primo (https://sbctc-bigbend.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_BIGBEND/18d25k5/alma991656930702805) the activations seem fine, and on the Alma side everything looks accurate on the linking tab of the 'edit service' screen.

The main question is, do you need all 4 collections, and are they different.

If you can join us online tomorrow in the afternoon 1p to 3, when we talk about electronic services, we can go over some of these questions, and look at live examples.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
Library Consortium Services Manager
wadeg at bigbend.edu