[Wactclc-alma] Changing 852 line in holding records

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Aug 13 13:56:11 PDT 2019

That's pretty cool, Wade!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Service Manager
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu

From: Wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> On Behalf Of Guidry, Wade
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:30
To: WACTCLC Alma Discussion <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: [Wactclc-alma] Changing 852 line in holding records

CAUTION: This email originated outside of the Seattle Colleges’ email system. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Questions? Contact IT Services at x6333 (Central), x3630 (North), x5844 (South) or email ITHelp at seattlecolleges.edu.

Maryanne (and sharing on list, as it should be of interest),

I created a normalization rule that can fix your OVS 852 fields (I tested it already using the ‘preview’ trick I demo’ed today):

rule "Fix 852 errors for OVS titles"

when
(TRUE)
Then
#the following line fixes the fixed field, 18th position
replaceControlContents "LDR.{18,1}.#" with "i"
#the following line fixes the indicator to indicate Dewey
changeFirstIndicator "852" to "1"
#the following line removes any OVS prefix from the h subfield
replaceContents "852.h.OVS" with ""
#the following line adds the k subfield value
addSubfield "852.k.OVS"
end

You can use the information “update / change holding” job against a set of the OVS physical items.

Select “correct the data using normalization rules”, and use the “Fix 852 for OVS titles” rule.

That should do the trick.

http://www.wactclc.org<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wactclc.org&data=02%7C01%7C%7C4e591e304eb34e60101c08d72024a603%7C02d8ff38d7114e31a9156cb5cff788df%7C0%7C0%7C637013214087866712&sdata=%2BTPqPuanEq%2FtnMmRGaQEPYkPR8qtEp02yPW0taxhCTs%3D&reserved=0>