[Wactclc-alma] Letter Configuration

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Apr 15 13:06:46 PDT 2019

I think if you have the Loan Receipt turned on for one thing, it's turned on for everything.

I know from the ALMA-L list that some libraries have managed to set up if-then clauses in the XSL files for certain letters to not print based on things like user group, but I don't know the details.

The thing you want to be really careful of-if the Loan Receipt Letter can list multiple returned items-is having patrons not get a receipt letter for a regular item because they happen to have returned a 2-hour reserve item at the same time.

Another tack might be to edit the subject line of the Loan Receipt Letter so that it says something like "(NOT A BILL)" somewhere in the line.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges