[Wactclc-alma] Activating Newsbank

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Thu Oct 11 11:15:37 PDT 2018

Hi there:

So, I know we've had this discussion before about which collection to activate in the community zone. I finally got around to doing this today, and it looks like the closest to what we have is the Newsbank Access World collection ( I think that's the one Amy might have activated if I'm remembering right).

I looked and it carries the Skagit Valley Herald, Seattle Times, Stanwood-Camano News, etc. However, it does not seem to include the Anacortes American, which is a title that is part of our Newsbank collection. There probably are other little papers that aren't in there, as well. Is there any way to add a lone portfolio like that to a collection that exists in the community zone, or do I need to create my own separate collection in our institution zone based on the portfolios that are in our Newsbank?

Thanks!

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library