[Wactclc-alma] Mystery duplicate record

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Thu Oct 4 13:04:25 PDT 2018

HI all:

We have a record showing up as a duplicate in ALMA, but both have the same MMS ID numbers.

The title is Against her Wil, MMS ID: .    991000551758502822

When I go into the MD Editor and look at the file, it says "An external process has changed the original record. It is recommended to reload original record." I've never had that message pop up before.

[cid:image001.png at 01D45BE1.AA8B92B0]

Alma shows that it was modified on 9/27 after being created on 9/18/2017.
Created by 835181622 (09/18/2017 8:54 AM), Modified by 835181622 (09/27/2018 12:35 PM)

Primo shows that it is Available at Mount Vernon Reference Desk and other locations, but when you link on Other locations, nothing comes up, so Primo shows it as if we have more than one copy, but there's like a ghost record hanging on.

We can't out what happened, and I'm worried that if I delete one of the bib records or items that everything will disappear, and we'll have to reload the record. And, maybe the only fix would be to delete what we have and reload the record.

Has anyone seen this before and know the best way to remedy the situation?

Thanks.

Elena Bianco, Systems & Technical Services Librarian
(360)416-7624